Melanie 9.2.2 (2020.4.1.0)
This page describes the new features, changes and fixes that were introduced in the Melanie software since the release of Melanie 9.2.1 (2019.11.7.0).
You can learn about the installation requirements and instructions for Melanie 9.2.2 (2020.4.1.0) in its Readme file.
- Images can now be added to a previous coverage analysis while maintaining the existing spot pattern and already verified spot presence states.
- Message clarifying that all images of a DIGE gel must be imported at the same time.
- For the Display area in the Alignment screen, it is now possible to deactivate Show matches in the Options, to allow export of the Dual view without the match vectors.
- Modification of spot filter in the alignment step to better handle low quality images.
- Keyboard shortcuts have been implemented for Spot edition tools (Shift+F1/F2/F3/F4/F5/F6/F7 for Create/Delete/Split/Merge/Grow/Shrink/Move respectively). For the shortcuts to work, the focus must be on the Display area.
- Keyboard shortcuts have been implemented for Display spots (Ctrl+Shift+F1/F2/F3/F4 for Outlined/Crossed/Filled/None respectively). For the shortcuts to work, the focus must be on the Display area.
- The Visible columns option has been removed from Export > Data options. You can export a Report instead.
- Crash when clicking on the thumbnail(s) of a DIGE gel with a single image.
- Error in the propagation of spots and the creation of pairs during the alignment.
- Edition of existing matches in the Dual view failed (coordinates remained unchanged after edition).
- In Dual view, spot outlines were sometimes shown after creating or editing a match and then choosing Undo.
- In certain conditions, spot outlines were lost after match editing.
- Software could crash after edition of images (e.g. crop) and realignment.
- Software could crash after edition of a match and then aligning non aligned images.
- On certain spot editions (especially splits), tiny spots could be created. Spots with less than 5 pixels in their shape contour are now automatically deleted.
- Crash when opening a PCA analysis after suppression of a Spot set that was used in the PCA.
Exports and Reports
- The All gels column was not always available for export in non-graphical Data exports (TXT, XML, Print, Copy to clipboard) for the sheets where this field was supported.
- The Status column was not always available for export in non-graphical Data exports (TXT, XML, Print, Copy to clipboard) from the Coverage sheet.
- The All levels column was not always available for export in non-graphical Data exports (TXT, XML, Print, Copy to clipboard) from the Results sheet.
- The All columns option in the export functionality (Data and Reports) only exported visible columns.